How long to bake meatballs? Guide
How long to cook meatballs in oven?
Prepare the food
How to make meatballs in the oven in tomato sauce? Prepare food. For this dish, you can take any minced meat: pork, beef, chicken, turkey, rabbit, mixed. If you are using frozen minced meat, thaw it beforehand. Using the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for this. Wash the carrots with a brush, peel them. Remove the husk from the onion.
- Ground meat – 900 grams;
- Onion – 200 grams;
- Carrots – 200 grams;
- Round rice – 120 grams;
- Chicken eggs – 1 piece;
- Tomato juice (or 3 tablespoons of tomato paste diluted in 500 ml of water) – 0.5 liters;
- Sour cream – 2 tablespoons;
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons;
- Basil (dried) – 0.5 tsp;
- Ground black pepper – to taste;
- Table salt – to taste;
Fill a saucepan with two glasses of water. Put on fire. Dip the washed rice into the pan, half a glass. And cook it after boiling until half cooked, about 10 minutes.
While the rice is cooking, chop the onion into small cubes. Grate peeled carrots on a coarse or fine grater. I rubbed on shallow – I like it better. Throw the undercooked rice in a colander and rinse under running water.
Heat the pan on the stove. Pour in vegetable oil and put onions. Fry the onion, stirring, for 3–4 minutes until translucent.
Add the grated carrots to the onions and continue to fry the vegetables for another 5 minutes, also stirring. Remove the pan from the stove.
Stir the washed cooked rice into the minced meat. Add half of the onions and carrots fried in oil to the minced meat and mix. Leave the second half of the frying in the pan.
Finishing the stuffing
To fry, remaining in the pan, pour in the tomato juice (or tomato paste diluted with water). Put the skillet back on the stove, turn the heat down to medium, and let the sauce reduce a bit. Let the mixture boil a little without a lid.
While the stove is busy, return to the minced meat. Crack an egg into it. Add salt. Add ground pepper. Add some dried basil (or other spices to taste). Mix well.
Finishing the roast
While you were working on minced meat, the frying has already boiled a little. Add sour cream to it.
Stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes, simmering until desired consistency, but be aware that after baking the sauce will thicken even without adding flour!
Baking meat balls
Turn on the oven, let it heat to 180 °C. With wet hands, form round meatballs from minced meat and put them in a refractory dish at a small distance from each other. Top the meatballs with tomato sauce.
Bake the meatballs in the oven for about 40 minutes, being careful not to burn the sauce. If suddenly this still starts to happen, cover the form with foil.
Any side dish for meatballs in tomato sauce will do. The dish can also be served on its own. Bon appétit!
Tips for cooking meatballs in the oven
- Eyes. To avoid irritating the eyes when cutting onions, rinse the onion and knife with cold water. A cutting board will not absorb an unpleasant onion smell if you rub it with a slice of lemon before cutting.
- Ovens. Kindly note that All ovens are different. The temperature and cooking time may differ from those indicated in the recipe.
- Oil. Use oil with a high smoke point for frying! Any oil is useful only up to a certain temperature – the smoke point, at which the oil begins to burn, and toxic substances are formed in it, including carcinogens.
- Smoke point. Unrefined oils, with rare exceptions, have a low smoke point. They have a lot of unfiltered organic particles that quickly start to burn.
- Refined oils. Refined oils are more resistant to heat and have a higher smoke point. If you're going to be cooking in the oven, pan, or grill, be sure to use oil with a high smoke point. The most common high smoke point oils are refined sunflower, olive, and grape varieties.
How long to cook frozen meatballs in crockpot?
- Frozen meatballs – 8 pcs.
- Carrots – 80g
- Onion – 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil – 30 ml.
- Tomato sauce – 3 tablespoons
- Water – 150 ml
- Chives – to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- The meatballs are ready, so you need to make a fragrant vegetable frying. To complete this, onions and carrots must be peeled. Cut the onion into half rings.
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater. For frying, you can cut the root crop into strips.
- Turn on the crockpot, activate the “Frying” or “Baking” program. Take the meatballs out of the freezer.
- Pour vegetable oil into a saucepan, heat it up. Pour chopped vegetables, fry for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the tomato sauce to the vegetables, mix until smooth. Fry for about 4 minutes.
- Place frozen meatballs for vegetable frying. Pour water, vegetables can be salted to taste. Select the “Extinguish” function for 60 minutes.
- Fragrant meatballs served hot. They can become a completely independent dish, you can eat with bread or vegetables.
Cook time for meatballs
Meat balls are a popular dish, which can be prepared from different types of meat. They can be prepared with different types of meat, they can be served as a main course or combined with other dishes, such as spaghetti or rice. One of the important points in the preparation of meat balls is the determination of the baking time.
Meat for meat balls
Before you start cooking meat balls, it is essential to choose the right type of meat. Beef, pork, and chicken are the most common meats for making meatballs. However, different types of meat may have different roasting times.
Meat ball size
The size of the meatballs also affects the baking time. The larger the meatballs, the longer it will take to bake them. However, if the meatballs are too small, they may dry out during the baking process.
How long to bake meatballs? Time
During the preparation of meat balls, you need to set the correct temperature and baking time to get a delicious dish.
Temperature conditions and baking time for meat balls:
- Beef meat balls. For beef meat balls, it is recommended to set the oven temperature to 180-200 degrees Celsius and bake them for 20–25 minutes.
- Pork meat balls. Pork meat balls are also baked at a temperature of 180-200 degrees Celsius, but the baking time can be 15–20 minutes.
- Chicken meat balls. Chicken meat balls cook faster than beef or pork balls. To prepare meat balls from chicken, it is recommended to set the oven temperature to 190-200 degrees Celsius and bake them for 15–20 minutes.
General recommendations for cooking meat balls
When preparing meat balls, it is also recommended to pay attention to the following points:
- Before baking, the meatballs must be formed to the same size so that they bake evenly.
- The meatballs should be placed on a baking sheet that has been oiled or covered with parchment so that they do not stick to the surface of the baking sheet.
- The meat balls should be turned over periodically during the baking process so that they are evenly baked on all sides.
- It is not recommended to overcook the meatballs as this can make them dry and tough.
Number of calories in meat balls (per 100 grams):
- Proteins – 7 grams;
- Carbohydrates – 7 grams;
- Fats – 17 grams;
- Total calories – 210 kilocalories.