Golden Globe and Tony Award-winning actress Cicely Tyson died at the age of 96 on January 28, 2021. However, the actual death cause is yet to be disclosed by her family.
Furthermore, Cicely Tyson is the first Black woman to win an honorary Oscar. Some of her notable works are in Sounder (1972), The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman (1974), Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All (1994), and Diary of a Mad Black Woman (2005).
This article contains all the exciting and unknown facts about the ever-green actress, Cicely Tyson. We forward our deepest sympathies to her family and friends. May the soul of the dearly departed rest in peace.
Quick Facts: Cicely Tyson Cause Of Death Revealed: How Did Cicely Tyson Die?
|Birthday||December 19, 1924|
|Height||5 feet 3 inches|
|Parents||Fredericka (Huggins) Tyson, William Augustine Tyson|
|Net Worth||$10 million dollars|
Excited to see my book, #JustAsIAm, on @BookSparks 2021 Winter Reading Challenge – Let’s kickoff the new year with this winter’s hottest books! #WRC2021 https://t.co/7w4oDP6Bvl pic.twitter.com/aDzRtnz0UZ
— Cicely Tyson (@IAmCicelyTyson) January 28, 2021
10 Facts On Cicely Tyson
- Cicely Tyson was a renowned actress who died on January 28, 2021. But, the true cause of death has not been revealed by the authorities.
- Was Cicely Tyson married? Yes, she was married three times in her life. She was first married to Kenneth Franklin from 1942 to 1956. Also, she married Billy Dee Williams, but their marriage only lasted nine years. Lastly, Cicely was married to Miles Davis from 1981 to 1988.
- Although Cicely didn’t speak much about her children, she mentioned a daughter who was born when Cicely was 17 years old in her memoir.
- Moving on to her family, Cicely was born to a domestic worker mother named Fredericka (Huggins) Tyson, and a carpenter, painter father, William Augustine Tyson. Furthermore, she has two siblings.
- Cicely earned a considerable sum of money from her acting career. Cicely Tyson had a net worth of $10 million at the time of her death.
- She was first launched by a photographer for Ebony magazine and became a famous fashion model. Similarly, her first role was on the NBC series Frontiers of Faith in 1951.
- Cicely was born on December 19, 1924, in Harlem. Moreover, Cicely’s parents were immigrants from Nevis in the West Indies.
- She launched her first memoir, “Just As I Am,” just two days before she died. The actress Cicely Tyson is a godmother to Katia Washington, Aman Tyler Perry.
- Cicely Tyson was honored with various awards like Tony Award, a Peabody Award, an honorary Academy Award, four Black Reel Awards, and three Primetime Emmy Awards.
- She was available and frequently active on various social media platforms and had more than 50K followers on her Twitter account.